Tuesday 28 April 2009

Where did you wish you were at lunchtime today?

I've just about recovered from the run, but still have a bit of a clicky shoulder from the swim. There is a rather down at heel herbalist/therapy type place near where I work, advertising shoulder massages for £5. When I walked past the make-shift board they had placed outside, I was somewhat put off by the unusual offer of 'Back Pain Gift Tokens'. I spent an interesting few moments wondering whether I would like to give anyone back pain for their next birthday.

It was pouring with rain, that lovely, seriously wet rain, with hefty mean-what-they-say clouds doing their stuff. It smelt nice. I wished I was in Scotland, with sodden earth beneath my feet instead of cracked concrete paving stones and tarmac. I wanted to hold my umbrella to one side and turn my face to the sky and let the water splash on my face and drench me. Sadly, this wouldn't be a good look in the office, so I kept my umbrella in the sensible place and felt dismal and boring. I'd have to make do with the poster of a castle on Mull and my little calendar of Iona opposite my desk. April has a nice sunset.

1 comment:

J Adamthwaite said...

I love that kind of rain. When you haven't got somewhere you're supposed to be, at any rate.

Back pain gift tokens? Hmmm... I wouldn't mind one of those around the time of an Ofsted inspection actually...