Friday 3 April 2009

Double Doh

I've just got my car back from a service, and how wonderful it is not to have to get on buses for a while. The few days I was without the car I seemed to live on public transport. Some of this was my fault as one morning I did manage to get on the wrong bus and ended up having a very convoluted journey to work. I had rushed out of the station, seen my bus was 'due' and hopped on the first one to come along. Doh! I thought when I realised. 'Double Doh' I thought when I also noticed I had left my card key and office key at home (the last time that happened I spent quite a lot of the day waiting in corridors to be let through doors by anyone that took pity on me). Some days should just be spent lying in bed with the duvet pulled over your eyes waiting for the day to pass uneventfully.

Things perked up when I went to London for a very nice lunch in a very smart place, and then visited a Van Dyke exhibition on the way back.


'Anyone got a penny or two for one of me loverly oil paintings?'

No comments: