Tuesday 7 April 2009

Anarchy and Marks and Spencer

I've just bought a pair of very bright, patchwork hippy style trousers they are so bright I think I might embarrass my children if I wear them while in their company. Maybe, after years of loyalty, I'm breaking out of the Marks and Spencers mode at last. Does this mark a new beginning in anarchic wear? Do I need to get a black balaclava to go with my new outfit? Will I start waving placards with words that rhyme with 'banker' on them? Will I experience being coralled like a bucking broncho while quietly walking around Trafalgar Square, purely based on my outfit? Will Marks and Spencers start a new line of clothes (bovver boots and black hoodies) to keep up with anti-establishment trends? They would have to think of something other than 'St Michael' as a brand name. You can't go throwing computers through bank windows wearing saintly attire.

I quite like the idea of the balaclava - you could throw away the sun cream and stop worrying about the crows feet around the eyes. You could even couple it with sunglasses for the complete incognito effect - although this would reduce the power of the 'Paddington Hard Stare' when confronting the police. Yes, I think all non-violent protest should be based on the 'Paddington Hard Stare'. Nothing would get broken and no-one would be arrested and the police would be reduced to going for elevenses, whatever time it was.

No comments: