Monday 20 April 2009

Oh, and the swim

I did my 5K (200 lengths - yes, that's 200 lengths) in two hours and fifteen minutes. The bottom of the pool gets extremely dull after the first two lengths. The 'fun' sculptures in the children's area take on a menacing look after twenty. The man in front's feet start to irritate after about sixty. The clock apparently refusing to move its hands becomes frustrating at about ninety. Everything starts to ache after about one hundred and ten. And so on, and so on, and so on and so on............

Today though, I'm feeling smug. When things got a bit stressful at work, I sat back and thought about how totally fabulous I am at swimming and what an amazing success I am. It won't last long. Probably just as well as they would have to rebuild the doorframes to make room for my head.

I suspect my fabulousness feelings will peter out somewhere between the hepatitis B and rabies injections on Wednesday morning. Oh well, I'll enjoy it until then. By the way, if you see me foaming at the mouth at the end of the week, give me a wide berth.

No comments: