Thursday 23 April 2009

St George at the Traffic Lights

The three lane gyratory system round my office briefly became a place of laughter and joviality this morning as two flat bed trucks rumbled past with a load of jolly red and white clad people jiggling around in the back. There was a lot of hooting and waving and something of a carnival atmosphere for about 2 minutes while they waited for the traffic lights to change (slow phasing). Someone was wearing what looked like woolly chain mail and there was a lot of flag waving going on. I think woolly chain mail is only ever going to work with those wobbly arrows with suckers on the end (I mean rubber suckers, not oblivious victims being perforated).

Talking of perforation, I was in sore need of my two minutes of jolliness as I had had the long awaited rabies injection this morning. The leaflet cheerfully mentioned the possibility of anaphylactic shock, but what it didn’t mention was that this could happen in the pharmacy when you saw the bill - £100! I suppose it’s worth it not to turn into a foaming, mad woman.

(I know what some of you thought then and IT’S NOT FUNNY).

No comments: