Saturday 21 March 2009

Sparkling water and Sugar Highs

I'm feeling quite virtuous, having cycled across the park to the pool for a swim and cycled home again. Everything was glowing in the spring sunshine, and the water was sparkling nicely. The swim was lovely, apart from an irritating person who did slow breast-stroke in the fast lane. This was annoying as I couldn't actually swim as slowly as she was going, so had to tread water with breast-stroke arms behind her. When she turned at the end, she saw me swimming very slowly and very badly and assumed she was faster, so didn't let me go ahead. Apart from that it felt quite easy, but I do need some goggles as everything is a bit fuzzy now. I'm also very hungry but resisted the urge to buy some of those seriously yummy Cadbury's mini-eggs on the way home. Once you open a packet it's hard to stop eating them, even though your mouth becomes clogged up with sugaryness. I find a cup of strong tea helps to keep them going down smoothly. You can get quite a lot done in the sugar high afterwards too.


I just can't wait to get to those mini-eggs, and get the vacuuming done

No comments: