Wednesday 25 February 2009

Masterchef and Eurostar

I'm addicted to Masterchef, but always seem to be eating a ready meal or bowl of Heinz soup while I'm watching it, which makes me feel a bit depressed.

Sometimes I feel puzzled - who really wants to eat pasta made of squid ink?* It sounds like something the witches in Macbeth might concoct. How about frog entrail foam with toad eye sorbet? Its probably a delicacy somewhere in the world.

There was a pause there while I went to a quiz night, but not knowing the revenue of Eurostar lost us 10th place out of 12 teams. Hmph - I didn't know people could make so much money in a year.

Methinks 'Eurostar' is quite hard to type after three glasses of wine and a packet of cheese and onion.

Do Masterchefs understand the importance of 'cheese and onion' in British society?

Will Walkers Crisps start doing 'Squid Ink and Toad Eye' crisps?

Yum


* regular bloggers will recall that the tins of 'squid in its own ink' would finally have a use after all these years seeing as the marauding gangs never came to rescue me.

1 comment:

J Adamthwaite said...

They did launch all those peculiar flavours for that competition recently. We had one of each open in the staffroom but they remained untouched until people got desperate. I think it was the chili and chocolate one people objected to the most. Personally, I thought it tasted like weetabix and was therefore comparatively inoffensive, but there we go.