Tuesday 3 February 2009

Give Me Your Tired and I'll Get Them a Coffee

Its very early in the morning, the road outside is still looking dangerously shiny. I've just seen an intrepid pedestrian in full Amundsen gear trudging up the middle of the road. I'm going to excavate The Skip out of its icy lair and see whether I can make it to work without having to use a bus or train.

The only good thing about going to work on public transport is the huge cup of take away coffee I can get en route. I love the way everyone comes out of coffee shops holding their cardboard beaker (complete with naff plastic lid) aloft, like the Statue of Liberty weilding the torch of enlightenment. If they have their coats slung over their arms, it all adds to the effect.

Do you feel enlightened after your morning coffee? Do you feel the urge to work towards freedom and justice? Or do you just wonder whether you should have bought a bun to go with it after all?

No comments: