Wednesday 4 February 2009

Changing the World Starts with a Good Cup of Tea

Some days are just a bit on the dull side. Today was one of those days. Everything was a bit non-descript. I know you should make the most of every day, and jump out of bed shouting 'go for it' or 'we can' or something similar, but every once in a while life goes just a bit, well, nothingy. It's embarrassing even writing it down, it's almost a modern taboo to confess to it. Perhaps I should read a worthy tome or get out some paints and daub an insight into life itself - but I don't want to do any of that. What I really want to do is lie on the settee staring at the ceiling and indulge in feeling quite pointless for a while. I did buy a 'chocolate therapy' pudding earlier, but even that was a bit of a let down. I didn't like the way the texture of the brownie bits mingled awkwardly with the mousse. Why put slightly burnt sponge in a mousse anyway. What's that about?

Enough of this Eeyoreness, I'd better shout 'hey' in a meaningful way and start changing the world. I'll just go and put the kettle on first.

No comments: