Tuesday 23 December 2008

Who's got the Lurgy?

People seem to be dropping like flies with the lurgy. I was just thinking, ‘lucky I don’t get that sort of thing’ and what do you know? Wake up full of it this morning. I keep sneezing (and isn’t it difficult to drive when your eyes close involuntarily?), my nose is running and my ears are buzzing. I’ve not been ill all year, and then, just when I have 11 days lined up at home to relax and enjoy myself, this happens. Blast.

Blast, blast, blast.

I will nurse my cup of lemon and ginger tea and eat some Roses (in spite of the label I’ve stuck on top saying, ‘you really don’t need another chocolate do you?’). I think Roses tins are manufactured by an offshoot of Weight Watchers. If they flog enough of them over Christmas, they can guarantee queues of customers at their meetings in the new year. In fact, maybe the government only needs to outlaw Roses to sort out the whole obesity problem.

Now all that typing has made me peckish, where did that tin go?

No comments: