Sunday 7 December 2008

Cool Pool

I've just been for an invigorating swim in Hampton (open air) Pool. It was amazing, as the pool is so warm and the air so cold, mist was swirling off the water. I enjoyed stretching out and cruising along backstroking, watching the aeroplanes and their vapour trails in the bright blue sky. As I lay on my wobbly, watery bed looking up I thought how clever it is that gravity stops me spiralling off into space - and I can't even see it. Then I feel quite insecure, so have to go back to thinking about my DIY projects, or something else mundane to get 'grounded' again.

Talking of DIY projects, I finished the bathroom, but will never, ever try to lay floor tiles again. It was such hard work and the end result is a bit of a mess. I realised I didn't have the edges properly matched up when I tripped over one I had laid earlier (that was sticking up badly), and went flying across the landing. I think I can cover up most of the mess with extravagantly fluffy mats. I managed to get glue all over my clothes and was in danger of never being able to get up from the settee again after a brief sojourn. I think I've gone off the idea of decorating the whole house, and will watch 'Property Ladder' and 'Grand Designs' with a more reverent attitude from now on.

No comments: