Wednesday 3 December 2008

Metamorphosis and chips

Three suduko already this morning, two 'tricky' and one 'moderate'.

Last night I went for a meal in a rather upmarket pub. When I selected pollack and chips I half expected the tomato and tartar sauces to be splattered artistically over the fish. The chips were piled up like a game of Jenga - so I had to stop myself pulling the bottom one out with my fingers.

The broken bike is still in the back of the car awaiting some attention, which is stopping me going back to the DIY shop to take the bath panel back and swap it for some flooring. So, can't finish the bathroom until I've sorted out my bike (I don't want to keep loading and unloading the car). I am awaiting that 'butterfly out of a chrylsalis' moment when, from all the chaos that is my house, something beautiful appears. I'm rather hoping this might be before Christmas, but this seems increasingly unlikely.

I had an iced finger bun yesterday, the icing still sticks to the inside of the paper bag. We can send a man to the moon, we can genetically engineer life itself, so why can't we find a way of keeping icing on buns?

No comments: