Wednesday 31 December 2008

The Good, the Bad and the New Year Resolutions

The good news is I have found the missing keys, I found them while retrieving my shampoo from the passenger footwell of The Skip when I went swimming. Inexplicably, they were under the front seat - can't work out how I locked the car, or got in the house without them, but life is full of little mysteries.

The other good news is I have dealt with the avalanche of paperwork that was obliterating my desk. Sadly, this lead to discovery that The Skip was due for its MOT a month ago. The second bit of bad news is that it failed the MOT and will cost around £600 to make legal, and as a chaser to that, won't be ready until the end of the week. I will try hard to think positive about the long train journey to Kent this afternoon, at least I will get the opportunity to do loads of Suduko and gaze out of the window in a melancholy daze, both of which are harder to do while driving.

On a happier note, in preparation for my new year's resolutions, today I can drink, drink, drink and eat as much chocolate and as many crisps as I want. At midnight I will become the epitome of abstinence, control and exactly the sort of person that doesn't have avalanches of paperwork awaiting attention. That is, of course, as long as I am not lying semi-comatose on the floor.

Wishing you all a very happy and healthy 2009!

No comments: