Sunday 30 June 2013

Releasing my Inner Hippy

Yay!  Peace!

Today I have been tie-dying.  I have always secretly wanted to tie-dye things, but for some reason I never got round to it.  It's an outdoor activity.  Very messy, so as well as being a hippy, I have also developed green fingers.

Perhaps I'm not a hippy yet, until the T-shirt is dry.

I am waiting anxiously.
Bet you can't guess which one is mine.

I have also been to Santa Cruz again.  I walked a very long way in the searing heat.  It was really interesting seeing how the suburban areas differ from the UK.  Basically, everyone has more space.  Even small properties have quite large front gardens, no other houses joined on to them and presumably large spaces at the back.  Some were flying the Stars and Stripes, some had cheery signs on the front door saying who lived there.  I'm not at all keen on flags, but the name signs seem jolly.  I don't think  hippies support flag waving activity, unless it has a rainbow or a CND symbol of course.

Thinking about it, no one has put a guinea-pig on a flag yet.  Why not I wonder?  Yet again the guinea- pig as a motif is underestimated.

I'm going to start a new movement.  Guinea-Pigs for Global Peace (GP4GP).

The boardwalk was really busy, and there were traffic jams with loads of people keen to get onto the beach.  I slumped under the shade of some palm trees, which looked like redwoods only different, if you get what I mean, man.

Hey wow etc.
I think I'm developing a thing about trees.  I also seem to be spending a lot of time looking up.

Can't be a bad thing to remember how small we all are in the grand scheme of things.

PS: I've just realised.  Santa.  Santa Cruz.  He doesn't come from Lapland at all, it's all been a huge hoax.  He is really a surfing dude hanging out down the boardwalk.  Why hasn't anyone else realised this?



No comments: