Thursday 31 December 2009

All Dressed up and Nowhere to Go.......

I was going to a lunch time party today, and luckily rang a mutual friend to see what time she was going.

'31st January' she said firmly.

Ah, I thought. Wrong day.

'What are you doing?' she asked.

'Nothing' I said, 'I thought I was going to a party'.

'Come over' she said, 'I'll do lunch.'

So I was treated to amazing turkey soup, lovely smoked salmon and cream cheese open sandwiches on home made granary bread, garnished with rocket, beautiful home made Christmas cake, some chocolates and it was all washed down with a bottle of rose Prosecco frizante and a cup of Earl Grey to finish. That was a good lunch.

That was a very good lunch indeed.

On the way back I bumped into the friend who's party it wasn't.

'You look nice' she said.

'Yes', I said, not wanting to add I was already dressed for her party next month.

No comments: