Wednesday 16 December 2009

Take Five

I'm feeling a bit full, too much curry washed down with a tad too much red, too much coffee and a mint choc chip ice-cream. Very yummy though.

The Skip has been out of action at the car doctor, who is lovingly antifreezing and MOTing him. I had a call to say he had failed the MOT on, among other things, the back number plate. I don't know if you've tried to buy a number plate lately, but it seems the hardest thing on earth. Especially if your car is several miles away, it's snowing and you only have two bicycles at your disposal, and you can't quite remember where you last saw your driving licence.

Everything is getting complicated, but it is that time of year. The bathroom light switch has stopped working. I can only hope the people coming to view the house with a view to buying it think I am in the habit of romantic, candle lit baths, not that its the only way to locate the toilet roll.

The timer on the central heating has decided we only need to be warm once a day. My son complained it was so cold last night, he was even too cold to get out of bed to find another blanket.

At least the leak in the bedroom ceiling seems to have stopped. I suspect it's a bit like toothache, and will come back with a vengeance any time soon.

The good news is that the buttons on the TV remote have been twiddled extensively, and, as if by magic, most of the channels have returned. I was rewarded with, 'Dance Like Michael Jackson', which made all the effort seem a bit pointless.

Back to the curry - I had to go by bus (due to the poorly Skip), I left lots of time as I know that buses can be a bore, and I didn't want my friend waiting in the cold. Of course, this is the one time the bus arrived quickly, and got me there double quick. 'Never mind', I thought, I can read a paper with a cup of tea in the restaurant while I wait. I bought the paper, then realised I'd left my glasses at work and in the gloomy, ambient lighting, could only admire the large photos and banner straplines. I boldly had a go at the Suduko, but couldn't read my own little figures in the boxes and went wrong fairly soon. The people on the next table had been eyeing me a bit suspiciously, obviously thinking I had no friends. I didn't want them to think I was also too stupid to manage the easy level Suduko, so boldly continued putting numbers in boxes, even though two number fives in one line were an obvious glitch to any serious puzzler. It was also annoying to discover that this Indian Restaurant was the only one in the United Kingdom that didn't have a tea bag on the premises.

Sometimes life is like that though.

No comments: