Thursday 10 December 2009

Costa Del Cuba

As the TV is still not working, I hurried to the hardware shop round the corner to buy an indoor digital TV aerial. I've plugged it into several sockets and there is still only white noise on the screen. In desperation to see something moving in that corner of the living room, I rented 'Che' part I on DVD. Apart from being dreadfully slow (how long do you need to read the name of a region in Cuba?) this has started to pixilate, and the subtitles have become illegible. My Spanish isn't up to much either. On top of all this, my clocks aren't working, so I'm not totally sure what time it is. I feel like I am suspended somewhere strange that's a bit like my house, but in a parallel universe. Luckily I have a glass of cab sav, and a roaring fire going, so I can sit and try to improve my Spanish for, 'You have brought disrepute to the rebels, you must be executed'. You never know when that might come in handy on the Costa Del Sol.

No comments: