Sunday 3 January 2010

Wired

Phew. I've watched the whole of series one of 'The Wire'. I think I watched too much too soon as I now want to buy an orange sofa and call everyone 'Motherfucker'.

I'm a mother though, does that still work?

My son thinks not and waves his arms in distress every time I try to tell him dinner is ready.

I want to invest in the drug dealer look too; impossibly baggy jeans that show the waistband of my knickers (luckily Bridget Jones big ones work this style), a bicycle chain made of gold (I'll have to buy some Hammerite and cannibalise my old bike), a huge hoodie and some platform trainers. I will keep my middle two fingers permanently folded over, and randomly point to my groin with the remaining digits. I can also mumble about 'my stash' say 'yo' a lot and look furtive.

I think the neighbours are going to be a bit surprised.

2 comments:

J Adamthwaite said...

Ooh, it's infectious, isn't it? I think The Wire is my favourite TV series full stop. I will be amazed if it stops being. The chess analogy and that scene with Bunk and McNulty trying to work out the path of the bullet will stick with me forever. Which is impressive since I forget most things.

Hilsbils said...

I know, I've asked for series 2,3,4 and 5 for my birthday - not until February though sadly.