Monday 13 January 2014

Battle of Agincourt

Archery was going on down at the farm today.  It was great fun shooting at the target, once I realised the sheep in the field behind were going to be OK and not skewered on my arrows.

The target was a bit annoying, it kept moving out of the way, and most of my arrows ended up scattered behind it. They stuck in the ground demonstrating the 'acute angle' as seen in geometry text books.  One wise cracker said it looked like the Battle of Agincourt had just taken place in Surrey.

After a bit more practice and remembering lessons in the past, my arrows started to hit the outer rings of the target, and it was more fun.

Once the rain set in, we had to retire to the hut and console ourselves with bacon butties and lemon drizzle cake.

At least my bruise from the clay pigeon shooting wasn't bothered by the bow.  Arrows are much more fun than noisy shotguns.

My friend taking a shot

Bacon butties on the way.

Not sure which bird these feathers came from, but you wouldn't miss it in the dark.

No comments: