Saturday 11 January 2014

2014

While waiting to set off on the next stage of my adventure, I have been floating on the love and goodwill of family and friends.  Christmas was wonderful and new year good fun.

This week I have been helping out with a friend's horse and spending a lot of time at a farm.  It's a bit of a treat for a townie like me, I don't even mind collecting horse poo from the field, although pushing a wheelbarrow through thick mud is tiring on the arms.
A satisfying haul!


This morning, my arms were given another going over while clay pigeon shooting.  The recoil from the shotgun is quite bruising if it isn't being held properly.  I got off to a good start, hitting the first clay and feeling very satisfied when it smashed to pieces mid air.  I also took turns in flipping burgers in the catering van.

On Monday we will be participating in a more genteel form of shooting, with bows and arrows.  I think my arms will be pleased about this.  The alfresco eating situation will continue with a gas bottle and burner for bacon butties to keep our energy going.

I am becoming something of an animal lover too, and being surrounded by dogs, cats and horses seems rather wonderful. 

A new friend
I've always been fond of sheep
The clay pigeon shoot from the catering van (apres shoot entertainment)

No comments: