Thursday 14 May 2009

Snivelling Colds and Soggy Tissues

I am very lucky in that I don't often get poorly (my hand is groping for some wood to touch as I say that, difficult to find here in Prefab Towers). Today however, I have a cold. I haven't had one for as long as I can remember. To add to my misery I will be having my final rabies and Hep B injections this evening (and these into my poor bruised arm). My bin is full of soggy tissues and the end of my nose is sore.
*****
It's now tomorrow (a strange sounding concept, but I think you're following) and I still feel poorly. When I asked the nurse whether it was ok to have the injections while under the weather, she cheerfully announced it would just make me feel worse than I already did, as she pinged the needles into my bruise.

So, job done, I feel worse than I did before. This evening I thought a walk in some fresh air would help, so set off to the park. It started to pour with rain at which point I felt that a coat might have been a good idea.

Enough of this Eeyore-ness. The nice thing about the park was that there were a couple of egg sized moorhen chicks paddling away in one of the lakes. They were really small, and could only have been a few hours old. There was a heron stalking some fish and some tadpoles looking busy. The rain must feel quite fun to a tadpole swimming in shallow water with the drops dolloping around them.

Anyway, early night for me, cosy suduko, cup of tea, radio 4 (I'm ready for something unchallenging like the shipping forecast) and my fluffiest pillows.

No comments: