Thursday 7 May 2009

Mr Benn and My Skeleton

Still having a clicky shoulder from my marathon swim (it's so hard being a serious athlete) I decided to brave the Herbalist that was advertising the slightly dodgy sounding 'back pain gift tokens'. There were also flyers in the window advertising massages, rather worryingly placed between ads for 'herbal sex tablets'. Slightly concerned about what sort of massage it might be, I paid my £5 and asked for a shoulder massage. It turned out to be extremely relaxing, although I find it disconcerting at times like these to be reminded of how I am just a skeleton covered in soft tissue. It's hard not to be hyper-aware of it when someone is picking out the edges of your shoulder blades and collar bones.

While I was sitting with my eyes closed trying to lose the skeleton thing, I decided the experience was a bit like the children's character, Mr Benn - I walked in off the street in South London and was transported to China.

Quite fun for a lunchtime experience.


Do you have a herbal tablet to help improve my sex life?











No comments: