Thursday 29 October 2009

Huge Handluggage

I read somewhere that having a big handbag creates the impression you are thinner. I am now the proud owner of the largest handbag in the universe. This is good news as it means I don't have to visit the scary lady at the diet club any more. It is doubly good news as I have lots of space for carrying the iced buns. It is hard to find things in it though and makes fishing for glasses or coins quite frustrating as most of my upper body has to dive into the deep recesses to retrieve them, which is embarrassing at checkouts.

I can't decide whether it's better to carry it over my shoulder (although the straps aren't quite long enough and tend to slide off), or with the straps in the crook of my arm. It's odd, but carrying a bag over my shoulder feels a bit trendy (like flinging a jacket over and being all cas (as in casual, but can't work out the spelling for the abbreviation), whereas carrying it over my arm feels a bit bossy and like I should have a diamonte broach on my lapel. So not only does this bag transform me into a tall, slim being, it has an effect on my personality. Being a bit self conscious of it at lunchtime today, I was swinging it back and forth like a satchel. Someone commented on how carefree I was - proving yet another personality transformation, I was impressed.

So, don't feel down, get out your handbag and take it for a walk and explore all your personality possibilities. Make sure it's packed full of goodies though, you never know when an emergency tea break might be called for.

No comments: