Sunday 27 February 2011

Heaven is.....

a multi-screen battlefield.

That's what the flyer that came with my son's new computer said anyway. We decided it must have been somewhat tongue-in-cheek. That's what I was hoping, but it was hard to tell.

It reminded me again of a cookery 'party' I went to years ago, which was actually one of those ghastly sales parties where someone tries to make money out of flogging over-priced gadgets to their friends. The desperate woman demonstrating actually announced, 'this is a garlic crusher to die for' and over the apple corer, 'I thought I had died and gone to heaven'. I felt very sorry for her and purchased a flexible spatula for around ten pounds, recognising it had possibilities beyond cookery.....

Heaven, a place littered with flexible spatulas and garlic crushers? A place filled with multi-screen battlefields and pasty faced adolescents crouched over them who have become bored looking for vampires (absent due to the multitude of garlic crushers)?

I don't think so.

My heaven is windswept beaches and hills and damp woods and love, and endless tingling happiness.

Heaven, what's yours like?

2 comments:

Angel_3yez said...

Heaven is where you can imagine something and have it come to life right in front of you. A place where happiness is eternal and never taken.

Hilsbils said...

If happiness is eternal, you wouldn't have anything to compare it with, and wouldn't realise that when you are less happy, you are still happy. You might mistake it for sadness.