Tuesday 30 March 2010

Waiting for this Madness to Pass

I've been feeling very happy lately. I felt so happy, and it felt so unusual, I actually caught myself wondering whether I was in fact going mad. I did meet someone in the lift (unusually I knew them already) and he agreed he too was unfashionably happy. We had a very jolly conversation about the wonders of waking up (good news, means you're alive), being free, not being in pain and having a job (food and shelter as add on extras). It was an eight floor conversation. It beat the three floor conversation I had with a stranger in the morning. He said he didn't like the rain. I said I didn't like the sun, and then heard myself explaining this was because I was, in fact, a vampire and dissolved in sunshine. Unsurprisingly, he didn't seem to want to talk to me after this.

You can see why I might think I'm going mad.

I was more relieved than usual when the woman who spends all her time sitting on top of the lifts announced the doors were opening.


******

They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa, They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa. To the happy home. With trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!

1 comment:

J Adamthwaite said...

Last week was a bit like this for me. This week, I've been a bit thrown by the mornings getting darker again and the return to the cold wind and dark skies. It's amazing how much difference spring can make to your mood... when it remembers it's supposed to be here!